Thursday, January 15, 2009

I know it's been far too long since I last posted, but free time has been hard to come by lately. I have some stuff going on at work that is requiring a lot of my time and we've had some car/home issues that have left us looking for a new vehicle and needing to deep clean our carpets. Don't worry, I won't elaborate and bore/gross you all out.

The Kiddo has been doing great, other than STILL being stuck at just 7 teeth. We have his 18 month appointment coming up soon, so we'll ask about it then. For those that have had kids, tell me - Did your child go months between teeth coming in?

Oh, and the nursery pics will be saved for another day. I'm still looking for input but they'll take a while to organize.

On to pictures of the cute one...

This is Santiago eating dinner on Christmas Eve night. We had a nice, peaceful night at home with just the three of us. We were spared a lot of running around on the holidays thanks to both our families being flexible (we love you for it!). We got to lounge around the house, have a delicious dinner, and wake up refreshed the next morning to watch Santi experience his first Christmas morning as part of our family!!! It was a very special time - one I know Ryan and I will never forget.



This is just a cute one of him grinning that night. He had the "Ho, ho, ho" down pat when Santa was mentioned. (Side note: I didn't take ANY pictures of our Christmas morning, just video on the camcorder that I don't know how to upload. So I did capture it, just in a way that no one will ever see because I'll probably never figure out how to get off the damn camera.)


This is one of him opening his big gift from Grandma Linda on Christmas Day afternoon. Once he realized it was something he could fit into, he didn't want to finish unwrapping it.


We got it unwrapped enough to show what it was - a sled! He has spent much time sitting in this thing.

Here he is looking very king-like, sitting on top of one of the snowbanks in front of our house. SA is very shy when it comes to interacting with adults other than Ryan and I (those that know him know not to take offense, I hope!) yet he has ZERO fear when it comes to going fast or throwing himself in the air.

Here is Ryan pulling him around in the sled, on a leisurely stroll of sorts.


Santi has being having trouble with a bad diaper rash lately, so we've been trying to "reduce chaffing" as much as possible. Because of that he's been practicing for his future at the nudist colony a lot. I haven't been daring enough to allow him to go in the "full buff" yet - though I'm sure that would get me motivated to potty train - so this is a common site around the house these days. A very simple, yet elegant, ensemble.

The crazy hair is growing back! I'm so excited!!!

Oh, and just to prove that the sledding wasn't all serene and peaceful, I've tried to attach a little video I took. Let's hope Ryan's lack of coordination doesn't rub off on Santi.


I think you all know that I would never qualify for any "Mother of the Year Awards." I classify my way of parenting as "overly-strict-bohemian-fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants," if that makes any sense. Anyway, I think the above video (and the fact that I shed tears laughing each time I watch it) seals the deal that "Wife of the Year" is also off the table. That's okay. I'd rather watch that and laugh my ass off any day.

I hope you all had as wonderful a holiday season as ours!

--Kate

P.S. Other than some pride, no one was injured in the making of this video. Love ya, babe.

No comments: